Barbara's Way Nikumiso Recipe『芭拉拉の簡単肉味噌』 作り方
Barbara's Way Nikumiso
Minced Meat - 150g
( I use 1:1 Ratio mixture of Pork & Beef)
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Leek (Chopped) - 1/2 Stalk
Ginger (Minced) - 1 tsp
Garlic - 1 tsp
Tamari Shoyu (Japanese Dark Sauce) - 1 tsp
Sake - 2 Tbsp
Mirin - 2 Tbsp
Miso - 2 Tbsp
Milk - 100ml
Doubanjiang - 1 tsp
Sanonto Sugar - 2 tsp or to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mix all up ingredients (B) until we'll combined,set aside.
2. Heat up the pan with cooking.
3. Add in the Minced Meat and following with all ingredients (A)
4. Continue to cook until meat not longer pink over high heat.
5. Pour in well prepared Step 1 mixture,
once saucy is start boiling,
turn on medium low 🔥
6. Continue to simmering remaining until the liquid is reduced to your liking. Turn off the heat. You can leave it more sauce or lesser.
depending on how you want to use the meat
There are so many types of Miso paste in Japan
And the basic types of miso include
White Miso - Mildest
Yellow - More Fermentes
Red - Most Assertive Fermented Flavor
as a general rule of thumb.
Today I use Saikyo White Miso is made in Kansai prefecture, which is smooth and sweet taste than the Shinshu Yellow Miso (Saltier)
You can choose any type of miso for this Japanese homey dish, just u have to adjust the sugar taste for your liking......
Otherwise the dish might become too salty.
And you can cook with any meat like mince chicken, turkey, beef or pork... Etc
My recommendation is always
( I use 1:1 Ratio mixture of Pork & Beef ).
Happy cooking and hope you will like my recipe.